Wednesday, February 4, 2009

THAT 403 SHOW

-->
403

It’s a mad mad house.

It’s a beautiful house too. It’s a penthouse duplex (yep! reading correctly) with a beauty view that I have seen so many times that its scorched in my mind forever.
But most beautiful thing about it for me has always been the people who live in (yes, me included :D)

Carrie Bradshaw, you remind me in so many ways of this girl I used to live with… :P


This girl is so very strong and so very gentle. Someone once told me that you were one of those people who makes us feel one thing instantly- when we first meet you and even as we get to know you- we constantly feel like taking care of you. It’s strange, but true. Because my very second thought has always been fascination at how strong you are.
These are the rest of the words that come to my head when I think of you:



Fabulous. Sex and the cITI, shoes. long flowly skirts. Small clothes. BOOKS. Lots of them. All kinds of them. Food. Red pumps. Coffee day. Pasta. Dal chawal. Teachers (the alcohol, thanks much). Films. Daddy long legs. Serendipity. Omlettes. Really tiny spaghettis. Lots of boxes. Chandelier earrings. Fringe. Etc etc.
She did 403 proud for a year and half. She is missed as much as she misses.

___________________________________________________________________


‘"Hey my friend is also joining -Shes damn nice ok" - bloody nonsense! this is what someone told me abt madam arena and when she came and I tried being nice to her and she gave me so much attitude no-one tight slap!’

She’s a porky. She’s a tea drinker. She’s the permanent bar counter fixture. She’s the biggest fan of all the Khan Men. She’s the taboo rani. She’s the tissue in my hand. She’s the shoulder under my head. She’s the hand that holds the thermometer in my mouth. She’s the girl with ladle. She’s seen most often at Mummy and Me (although she’s not the Mummy or the Me). She’s a talli girl. She’s the dancer. She’s the bollywood night star. She’s the Karaoke night star. She’s empathetic, sympathetic. She’s loved and loves muchos. She’s a daddy’s girl. She’d be the ideal bahu. She’s the fab corporate woman. She’s the eye opening mentor or manager. She’s the fabulous fight. She is the determined strength. She’s the tv watching partner. She’s the foodie. She’s all about ther aerobix, the yoga, the kick boxing, the gym (!).

She’s the beauty. Of all the lives she touches.
My baby. Um.Moo.

I cannot say enough about what she means to me. I actually can’t say anything at all here. Because if I did, I’d gag all over the place even before anyone else did upon reading this.

All I do want to say though is that 30months in that house is too little. And by default of us being the longest occupants, as of today that house is You and Me. We love the house and I’m sure the house would cry and hug us right now if it could.

_____________________________________________________________________________


Enter …
Drumbeats please…
A BOY!!!


Huh?

Yep. 2008 early February, a temporary guest entered our girlie household. What happened? He almost become a She :P (seriously, he dint want to drink beers with his buddies anymore. He wanted to watch Nach Baliye with us).
He’s my first Konkani friend and the sixth person to live in the house. He came in transit and decided to stay in the place of transit because the X chromosomed atmosphere was just too good.

Before4andafter3 has been the technology bearer to the house.
Other than that intital spurt of display of male hormone, he has done nothing masculine. We killed it and we trained him. We love him. And we always will. We will marry him. Except we all have our own boyfriends.

If it wasn’t for this boy, 2008 would have been empty.
Night after night of drinking. Of damage controlling. Of dirty talking about Konkani food. Of talking about the lives of others and our own. Of dreaming about great futures and dealing with the present. Of singing obscene pop boy band songs with fist mics. Of being sappy. Of being emotionally drained. Of getting into serious trouble. Of watching TV. Of cooking (and him watching).

Of so many more things.

That 403 has been blessed. It’s been a soap opera. Two and half years and the stories of almost two dozen lives. There was
Drama
Comedy
Romance (and how many!)
Bitching
Tragedy
Backbiting
Domestic violence (read fighting with several maids)
Climaxes
Action (um on the very first housewarming party night.)
Drinking nights
Cleaning nights (after the drinking nights)

Oh the lives of 403. What a complete story.

2 comments:

a said...

Tear came. I love you my curly wurly!

Me said...

I'm c-iti. How cool is that!

xoxoxoxoxo,
me.